Trong bài viết này, KISS English sẽ chia sẻ cho các bạn những bài bác tập cải thiện tiếng anh 9 tốt và lựa chọn lọc. Hãy quan sát và theo dõi nhé.
Bạn đang xem: Bài tập bổ trợ nâng cao tiếng anh 9
Xem video clip của KISS English để cố kỉnh thuộc lòng 12 thì trong tiếng anh nhé.
Tiếng Anh 9 là một phần vô cùng đặc biệt mà các bạn cần nắm vững để chuẩn bị tốt đến kì thi vào lớp 10. Trong bài viết hôm nay, KISS English sẽ chia sẻ cho các bạn những bài tập nâng cấp tiếng anh 9 giỏi và lựa chọn lọc giúp đỡ bạn củng núm lại kiến thức cũng như luyện tập thêm.
Bài Tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 1
I. Choose a word in each line that has a different găng tay pattern.
1. A. Famous B. Village C.Workshop D. Bamboo2. A. Business B. Experience C.Grandparent D. Chocolate3. A. Generation B. Communicate C.Historical D. Environment4. A. Embroider B. Department C. Handicraft D. Opinion5. A. Transfer B. Publish C.Accept D. Remind
II. Label each of the following pictures with an appropriate word/ phrase from the box.
carving conical hats drum knitting lacquerwarelanterns painting pottery sculpture silk
III. Give the correct khung of the word in CAPITALS lớn complete each of the following sentences.
1. There are a lot of silk_____ such as scarves, ties và dresses in our shop. (PRODUCE)
2. Bat Trang is one of the most famous _____ craft villages in Ha Noi. (TRADITION)
3. We should read this leaflet to lớn see what _____ are organized during the festival. (ACT)
4. They showed me a marble sculpture which was ____________ made by hand. (SKILL)
5. Last week we had a ______trip lớn an ancient village on the outskirts of Ha Noi. (MEMORY)
6. Obviously, our handicrafts are in _____ with those of other villages. (COMPETE)
7. Vị you know that ______ have to lớn follow 15 stages khổng lồ make a conical hat? (ART)
8. My grandfather has devoted himself lớn many _______ events in our community. (CULTURE)
9. You should spend at least one week to lớn visit the tourist______ in this city. (ATTRACT)
10. We are impressed by a wide ______ of lacquerwares in the showroom. (VARY)
IV. Complete the sentences with suitable subordinators from the box.
although as soon as because before so that while
1. The children are very excited ______ they’re going lớn visit a craft village this weekend.
2. We will tell Alice about the trip ______ we meet her.
3 ______ . It rained a lot, they enjoyed their holiday.
4. I bought a new pair of glasses_____I can see better.
5. ______ I go out tonight, I will have khổng lồ finish this essay.
6. Phong burnt his hand ____________ he was cooking dinner.
7. Laura always gets up early every morning _____she’s not late for hẻ work.
8. Mr. Harrisdn seems to have a lot of money_____he lives in a luxurios house.
9. ____I was waiting for the bus, I saw some foreign tourists.
10. They didn’t win the trò chơi _____they played very well.
V. Make a complex sentence from each pair of sentences. Use the subordinator provided & make any necessary changes.
1. Their son is allergetic to lớn animals. They decided to lớn get a cat. (though)
2. He will stay in England for two months more. He can perfect his English, (in order that)
3. There is nothing to lớn eat. We have khổng lồ go shopping today, (as)
4. I go khổng lồ Hue next week. I will stay with my aunt và uncle, (when)
5. Mai could have good marks. She studied hard for the exam, (so that)
6. We need an umbrella. It is raining heavily outside, (since)
7. Nick will visit some craft villages. He finishes the Vietnamese course, (after)
8. We decided lớn go for a walk in the park. It was very cold out. (even though)
9. The tourists wanted to buy some silk. They went khổng lồ Van Phuc village, (because)
10. They won’t buy the new car. They save enough money, (until)
VI. Complete each of the following sentences using the correct size of a phrasal verb from the box.
close down come back giảm giá khuyến mãi with get up keep up withlive on look through pass down set off turn down
1. My sister is an early bird. She ______ at 7 o’clock every day of the week.
2. We’ll ______for Tay Ho village at 9 o’clock và arrive at 10 o’clock.
3. When I was a student, I______ small allowances from my parents.
4. The government must now _______ the preservation of traditional craft
5. The banks have _______ a lot of branches in villages over the last few years.
6. Many foreign tourists decided lớn _______ to Viet phái mạnh for another holiday.
7. They offered her a trip to lớn Europe but she _______ it ______ .
8. He has ______ the report & found nothing interesting.
9. Phong walks too fast & it’s really hard lớn ______him.
10. These traditional stories have been ______ from parents khổng lồ children over many generations.
VII. Read the following passage và choose the best option for each blank.
Many visitors come to Tatterbridge to lớn see the wonderful art (1) ____ và museums, the beautiful buildings & the fantastic parks. Few people go outside the city, và so they miss out on (2) _____ the scenery & the fascinating history of this beautiful area. This brochure will tell you what you can see if you (3)______ a short bus ride out of the city.
The beautiful village of Tatterbridge was (4) _____ khổng lồ the children’s writer Jane Potter, whose stories of Benjamin Bear (5) _____ loved by adults & children around the world. Jane Potter’s trang chủ is now a museum & tea shop, and is well (6) ______ a visit just for its wonderful gardens. It also has a gift siêu thị where you can buy (7)______ & books. Tatterbridge has a number of interesting shops (8) _____ an excellent cake shop, và ‘Wendy’s Giftshop’ where you can find lots of unusual gifts made (9) ______ hand by local artists. Lovers of Jane Potter’s books should also walk khổng lồ the Green Valley woods, which have not changed since Jane Potter (10) _____ her stories there one hundred years ago.
1. A. Workshops B. Galleries C. Restaurants D. Stations
2. A. Understanding B. Questioning C. Welcoming D. Experiencing
3. A. Bring B.take C. Drive D. Sail
4. A. Home B. School C. Shop D. Cottage
5. A. Be B. Have C. Are D. Been
6. A. Excited B. Worth C. Value D. Known
7. A. Souvenirs B. Materials C. Costumes D. Vegetables
8. A. Purchasing B. Advertising C. Preserving D. Including
9. A. At B. With C. By D. In
10. A. Wrote B. Designed C. Moulded D. Carved
VIII. Read the following passage and answer the questions.
Hi! My name is Peter. I will tell you about my hometown. My town is not very big, but it is beautiful. The streets of the town are straight & long. You can see many cars, trams và buses there. There are a lot of bus stops & car parks in my town. We don’t have the underground and trolleybuses.
There is a nice big square in the centre of my town. On one side of the square you can see the hotel “Victoria” và there is the museum on the other side. It has a big collection of old things. People from all over the world go to lớn our town lớn see it.
There are many parks in my town. People like to come to the parks; they play, read books or sit on the benches và talk. My favourite park is the central park. It is near the square. I often go there with my friends. Also I go to the shops or cafes with them, watch films in cinemas or ballets in our theatre.
There is a big library behind my school. I usually go there to take books for reading. I lượt thích to read about planes and history. I will be a pilot in the future.
1. How are the streets in Peter’s hometown?
2. What is there in the centre of his town?
3. Who does Peter often go with to the central park?
4. Where is the big library?
5. What does Peter lượt thích to read?
IX. Complete the second sentence in each pair so that it has a similar meaning lớn the first sentence.
1. I arrived on time in spite of the bad traffic.
2. David has a good relationship with most of his colleagues.
David gets ______________________________________
3. Lan was ill, so she didn’t go to lớn Dong Ho village with her friends.
4. The children are eager lớn visit Hue next week.
The children are looking____________________________
5. I’ll give you a hotline immediately after I have finished my work.
As soon _______________________________________
X. Use the conjunctions at the end of each group to lớn connect the sentences.
1. My brother likes kích hoạt films. He likes thắm thiết comedies, (and)_____________________________________________
2. Vinh usually stays up late to watch soccer matches. He knows it isn’t good for his health, (although)_____________________________________________
3. I’m not interested in soap operas. They are often long và boring, (because)_____________________________________________
4. Lan went lớn bed before the trò chơi ended. She was tired and sleepy, (so)_____________________________________________
5. David loves wild animals. He never watches nature programs, (but)_____________________________________________
XI. Alex is writing an e-mail to Mai to introduce some of the places of interest in his
home town, Newquay. Use the words/ phrases given to lớn complete his email.
• Newquay: small town / Atlantic coast / south / England //.
• 1st suggestion: surfing / Fistral Beach //. One / best place / surf / UK //. Some good surf schools / learn / surf //. Surfing / friend / every weekend //.
• If like water sports: kayaking / water-skiing / coasteering //. Coasteering / different / because / it / rock climbing / jumping / sea / swimming / same activity //. Sound / dangerous / not worry / as / always go / special instructor //.
• If / like / animals: visit / xanh Reef Aquarium / see / different fish / even shark //. Can / horse riding / or / visit Newquay Zoo //.
Bài Tập cải thiện Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 2
I. Choose a word in each line that has a different ức chế pattern.
1. A. Conduct B. Ancient C. Drawback D. Feature
2. A. Determine B. Pagoda C. Fabulous D. Convenient
3. A. Intelligence B. Facility C. Development D. Education
4. A. Metropolitan B. University C. Organisation D. Multicultural
5. A. Fascinate B. Expensive C. Restaurant D. Difference
II. Label each of the following pictures with an appropriate word from the box.
busy exciting expensive fashionable forbidden
frightening modern polluted stressful unemployed
IV. Complete each of the following sentences with comparatives or superlatives. địa chỉ ‘the’ where necessary.
1. I think this is (noisy) _______ part of the city.
2. This place was (dangerous)________ than we thought.
3. Could you show me the way lớn (near) __________ bus stop?
4. The trip to Ho bỏ ra Minh thành phố was (interesting) _________ for us.
5. This is (good) _________ food I’ve ever eaten in this country.
6. David’s new haircut is (trendy) _______ than the previous one.
7. The building looks much (nice)_______ in green than the previous white.
8.I had to drive my car along (narrow) ______ road in the region.
9. Quan’s house is (far) ______from the đô thị centre than my house.
10. In my opinion, living in the city is (hard) _______ than living in the country.
V. Complete each of the following sentences with a phrasal verb from the box. Change the form of the verbs if necessary.
apply for cheer up dress up find out get over
go on pull down mix up take off turn back
1. We’ve_______ a really good restaurant near the central station.
2. You don’t need to _______ to go to lớn the mall – jeans and a T-shirt are fine.
3. Professor Colin Evers ______ a job at a famous university in Sydney.
4. We really can’t_______ living like this – we’ll have to lớn find a bigger house.
5. Mary was very unhappy last week, but she has ________now
6. You need lớn ________your shoes before going inside the house.
7. They _____the old cinema to build a new shopping mall.
8. A committee has been________ to organize social events for the students.
9. It took me a few days khổng lồ ________ my flu.
10. The mountain climbers had to ________ because they were exhausted.
VI. Fill in the correct particles to complete the following sentences.
1. I’ve thought it _______and have made up my mind; I’m going lớn take the job in New York.
2. Can you put your name, telephone number and e-mail address ______ in the
3. Mark was born in the East End, but he grew _______ in the West End.
4. Phong turned the TV _______ & went lớn bed because it was quite late.
5. The guide showed us________the historic parts of the city.
6. David is very friendly. He gets _______ most of my friends.
7. I don’t know why they turned________ our invitation to the party.
8. Nam didn’t know the correct spelling so he had lớn look it _______in the dictionary.
9. We are all looking_____ ______ seeing our grandparents again.
10. Our hotel was amazing and it lived _____ _____all °ur expectations.
VII. Read the following passage & choose the best option for each numbered blank.
Hello! My name is Herman. I live in a big đô thị in Germany và it’s quite exciting! There are lots of things lớn do. My parents bought a flat near a park where I can ride my bike or (1) ______ skateboarding. My brother is older than me so I also go lớn the cinema with him. The thành phố library is a great place too. I usually meet my friends there & we vị our school (2) _________ or study together.
Of course living in a big city is not easy. City life can be fast, tiring và stressful.
The streets are always (3) _______ and noisy. Because of the cars the air is polluted
sometimes. People are so busy that they (4) _________ have time for their neighbours
or friends. But I can’t see myself moving to the (5) ______. I just love living in the đô thị too much.
1. A. Play B. Vì chưng C. Go D. Sail
2. A. Projects B. Workshops C. Playgrounds D. Competitions
3. A. Bored B. Surprised C. Exhausted D. Crowded
4. A. Usually B. Rarely C. Often D. Always
5. A. University B. Building C. Mountain D. Countryside
VIII. Read the following passage and write T (True) or F (False) for each statement.
London is the biggest đô thị in Britain. More than 7 million people live & work there. It is one of the most important cities in the world. It is a centre for business & for tourism. London consists of three parts: The đô thị of London, the East End & the West End. In the đô thị of London there are many banks, offices and Stock Exchange.
In the West over we can see many historical places, parks, shops and theatres. It is the world of rich people & money. The East over is the district where working people live and work. The Port of London is also there. You can have a very good time in this city. You can visit different cinemas, theatres & museums. The “Odeon” is one of the most famous cinemas of the country. The most famous museums are: The British Museum & the Tate Gallery. There are many shops in London. Oxford street is London’s main shopping centre. People from all over the world buy clothes, shoes, toys & souvenirs there. The street is more than a mile long. The best known departments are Selfridges & John Lewis. The largest park in London is Hyde Park with its Speaker’s Corner. Sit on the green grass & try England’s favourite food – fish & chips.
______ 1. There are lots of theatres, parks & historical places in the đô thị of London.
______ 2. The Port of London is in the East end of London.
______ 3. Working people live và work in the West over of London.
______ 4. The “Odeon” is a famous museum in London.
______ 5. People go lớn Oxford street khổng lồ buy clothes & souvenirs.
IX. Use the words given & other words to complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning khổng lồ the first sentence. Vì chưng not change the word given. (Use 2 – 5 words in total).
0. Our đô thị has five big shopping malls, are
There are five big shopping malls in our city.
1. The Central Tower is the tallest building in this city, is
No building in this đô thị ________________________ the Central Tower.
2. I’ll consider it carefully and give you an answer next week, over
I’ll _____________________________ & give you an answer next week.
3. We have never stayed at a worse khách sạn than this, the
This ________________________ we’ve ever stayed at.
4. Please continue doing your work và don’t let anything interrupt you. Go
Please ________________________ & don’t let anything interrupt you.
5. I think da Nang is not so exciting as Ho bỏ ra Minh City, more
I think Ho đưa ra Minh city __________________________ domain authority Nang.
X. Choose three problems below lớn write a paragraph of around 100 words about the drawbacks of living in a big city. Your paragraph should have a topic sentence và conclusion. You should also use sentence connectors such as firstly, secondly, thirdly…
• Traffic jams • Air pollution • Noise pollution
• Busy lifestyle • High cost of living • Lack of open and green spaces
• Crime • Crowded
Bài Tập cải thiện Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 3
I. Choose a word in eacfe line that has different bít tất tay pattern
1. A. Medicine B. Graduate C. Confident D. Encourage
2. A. Expect B. Depress C. Manage D. Assure
3. A. Cognitive B. Abandon C. Emotion D. Important
4. A. Disappointed B. Preparation C. Adolescence D. Communicate
5. A. Pressure B. Convince C. Frindship D. Guidance
II. Complete the sentences with the words from the box. Use each word once only.
angry bored confident confused delighted
disappointed embarrassed frustrated tired worried
1. I feel so______ . I don’t have anything khổng lồ do.
2. Jane is_______ because she doesn’t know if she got an F or an A in her test.
3. I feel so_______ because I’ve worked all night.
4. The headmaster was very _______ with Tom because of his bad behaviour
5. Peter was __________ when he heard his tuy nhiên on the radio.
6. Mum is_______ because my sister hasn’t come home yet.
7. Phong is _________ that he will pass the examination.
8. Nick felt __________ when he was treated in front of some girls.
9. The students felt __________ because they couldn’t go camping.
10. Bob looks depressed and_______. He’s constantly sighing and complaining.
III. Give the correct form of the word in CAPITALS to lớn complete each of the following sentences.
1. I think Tom and Mary have known each other since their_____. (CHILD)
2. My brother feels _______ when he’s playing the guitar. (RELAX)
3. Lan was upset because her parents _______ her. (UNDERSTAND)
4. I often suffer from______ during the wintertime. (DEPRESS)
5. Everything was _______ lớn me when I visited Gold Coast for the first time.(EXCITE)
6. When you grow up, you’ll feel you want more _______ & responsibility. (DEPEND)
7. We all ________ with you when we heard that you failed the driving demo again. (SYMPATHY)
8. Nga’s dream is khổng lồ be a ________ , but her parents want her khổng lồ be a medical doctor.(MUSIC)
9. Between 11 and 13 years of age, the adolescent’s brain experiences rapid________ of nerve cells.(GROW)
10. I feel really tired after spending a ________ night studying for the exam. (SLEEP)
IV. Rewrite the following sentences using questions words + to-infinitives.
1. We don’t know where we should put the sofa.
2. The rules didn’t specify who I should speak to in case of an emergency.
3. Mai wondered how she could ride the scooter.
4. Let us decide when we should start the project.
5. Could you tell me where I can find a good hotel?
6. We must find out what we are to bởi next.
7. A good dictionary tells you how you should pronounce the words.
8. We are not sure who we will meet at the entrance.
9.I can’t remember when I have to lớn turn off the oven.
10. Vày you know what you should look for?
V. Turn the following statements into reported speech.
1. “Who vì chưng you talk khổng lồ when you have problems?” Mary asked me.
2. “I’ll help my mum cook dinner tonight”, said Hoa.
3. “Tell your teacher what happened,” Jack advised me.
4. “My best friend hasn’t called me for one week”, said Nam.
5. “Are you at the sports centre now?” Lucia’s mother asked her.
6. “What time did you come trang chủ last night, Mark?” said Tom.
7. “Don’t go lớn the park when it gets dark,” said Mrs. Brown.
8. “We spoke khổng lồ your parents yesterday,” said Mr. Quang lớn Trung.
9. “Can I meet you at 4.30 tomorrow afternoon?” Minh asked Phuong.
10. “I’m staying with my aunt & uncle in the suburbs”, said Nga.
VI. Fill each blank with a suitable word to lớn complete the following passage.
Teenagers today live in a very competitive world. It is (1) ______ important
than ever to lớn succeed at school if you hope lớn (2) _______ a chance in the job
market afterwards. It’s no wonder that many young people worry (3) _______
letting down their parents, their peers và themselves. Khổng lồ try khổng lồ please everyone, they
take on too (4) ________ tasks until it becomes harder và harder to lớn balance
homework assignments, parties, sports activities và friends. The result is that young people (5) ________ from stress.
There are different ways of dealing with stress. Everyone knows that caffeine,
in the (6) ________ of coffee or soft drinks, keeps you awake & alert. But
caffeine is a drug which (7) _________ become addictive. In the end, like other
drugs, caffeine only leads to lớn more stress. There are better (8) ________ to
deal with stress: physical exercise is a good release for stress, (9) _____ it
increases certain chemicals in the brain which calm you down. You have khổng lồ get enough sleep lớn (10)______ stress & to stay healthy and full of energy.
VII. Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each question.
What Is It like Being a Teenager in Britain?
British teenagers spend most of their time at school. Students in Britain can leave school at sixteen (grade 11). This is also the age when most students take their first important exams, the GCSE (General Certificate of Secondary Education). Most teens take between 5-10 subjects, which means a lot of studying. They are spending more time on homework than teenagers ever before. Forget watching TV, teenagers in Britain now spend 2-3 hours on homework after school.
Visit almost any school in Britain & the first thing you’ll notice is the school uniform. Although school uniform has its advantages, when they are 15 or 16 most teenagers are tired of wearing it. When there is more than one school in a town, school uniforms can highlight differences between schools. In London there are many cases of bullying & fighting between pupils from different schools.
Clothes & looks
In Britain, some teens judge you by the shirt or trainers you are wearing. 40% of British teenagers believe it’s important to wear designer labels. If you want lớn follow the crowd, you need khổng lồ wear trendy labels. Teenage feet in Britain wear fashionable trainers và the more expensive, the better.
1. Most students in Britain take the GCSE when ____________.
A. They are 11 years old
B. They are 16 years old
C. They finish grade 10
D. They begin grade 11
2. What is the first thing you’ll notice when you visit almost any school in Britain?
A. The school logo
B. The school gate
C. The school playground
D. The school uniform
3. What bởi most teenagers in Britain prefer to lớn wear?
A. Trendy labels
B. Expensive uniforms
C. Fashionable hats
D. Economical trainers
4. The word ‘highlight’ in paragraph 2 is closest in meaning to lớn __________ .
5. According lớn the passage, which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Students in Britain can take 8 subjects at the GCSE.
B. Most British teenagers spend 2-3 hours watching TV after school.
C. Most 16-year-old students in Britain don’t like school uniforms.
D. Many British teenagers judge their friends by their shirts or trainers.
VIII. Find a mistake in the four underlined parts of each sentence và correct it.
1. We have no idea who talking khổng lồ when we have problems.
A B C D
2. Nick asked Phong whether he had gone to lớn Mai’s birthday party last night.
A B C D
3. Lan is very depressing because her closest friend is moving to lớn another city.
A B C D
4. Their daughter said that she doesn’t want khổng lồ take exams into economics universities.
A B C D
5. I don’t know what to do as these instructions are extremely confused.
A B C D
IX. Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it is as similar as possible in meaning lớn the original sentence. Use the word given và other words as necessary. Vị not change the size of the given word.
Example:0. There are five rooms in our house. HASOur house has five rooms.
1. “What bởi vì you think about teenagers who dye their hair?” (THOUGHT)
2. It was quite surprising for us that he passed the exam. (SURPRISED)
3. “If I were you, I would tell her the truth”, said Phong to Khoa.( ADVISED)
4. We don’t know how we should solve the problems. (TO)
5. “Have I ever met him before?” Laura said khổng lồ herself. (WONDERED)
X. Look at the situations below & write the ideas in the khung of advice. You should give at least 3 pieces of advice for each situation.
How Ambitious Are You?
Are you an over-achiever? Are success and status important to you? Would you rather relax & enjoy life?
Do this quiz and find out.
1. You have just received your grade from a recent exam. Another student in your class gets a higher score than you. You are:
a) Annoyed that he got a better score than you.
b) Determined to start working harder.
c) Happy for him/ her.
2. You and some of your classmates decide to khung an English language club. You decide the club needs a leader. You:
a) Nominate yourself.
b) Vote for the person you think will win anyway.
c) Suggest the name of someone you know would be a good leader.
3. You are offered a job that is secure, but has no prospects for promotion. You:
a) Turn the job down.
b) Take the job.
c) Decide to lớn take the job but only for a few months.
4. You have just received an award for your achievement in school. You:
a) Tell everyone you know.
b) Don’t tell anyone.
c) Tell just a few close friends.
5. You would only enter a contest or competition if:
a) It was easy to enter.
b) You thought it seemed lượt thích fun.
c) You knew you would win.
6. Which of these people would you admire the most?
a) A carpenter who doesn’t lượt thích his job, but does it because he needs the money.
b) A writer who is poor but writes because he likes it.
c) A rich & successful oil tycoon.
7. You aren’t happy with your job. You would like:
a) Longer weekends.
b) More money.
Xem thêm: Giải Bài Tập Các Phương Châm Về Hội Thoại Sgk Ngữ Văn 9 Tập 1
c) More responsibility
Trên đó là tất cả những bài xích tập nâng cao tiếng anh 9 mà KISS English muốn mang về cho bạn. Hy vọng bài viết này tương xứng và có lợi với bạn. Chúc chúng ta có một trong những buổi học vui vẻ cùng hiệu quả.